Advertising in Relap.io
Images in widgets
Safe area (px)
* All sizes are mentioned with the regard to the x2 factor for ultra-high-definition displays (Retina).
** Special sizes are rarely used by the media. If such sizes are needed in demand for your ad campaign, we will let you know.
CTR of your adverts will increase significantly if you follow the advice given in this instruction.
The image will be blurred if its size is less than recommended. If the important info does not fit into the safe area it may not be visible.
How to prepare images
- An image must be of a good quality: sharply defined, without noise or watermarks. If you enlarge a low definition image, it will look sloppy. We don’t accept such images.
- An image should illustrate the content of an advertising page or headline. It doesn’t have to depict a product or a service. Try to involve the user emotionally. Images that show positive emotions caused by a product or service are very effective.
- An image should comply with the requirements of the state legislation, and with the regulations on the advertisement in particular.
- An image must not contain competitor’s logos as well as the elements of the user’s interface.
- Images with words “special offer”, “sale”, “discount” give bad results. It’s better to use images without any text or other small elements.
- The logo shouldn’t be the only thing depicted on an image. If you want to brand an image you’d better choose a photo of the product with a logo on it.
How to compose a headline
- A headline should contain 60 symbols with spaces. It can be less than that, but if there are over 60 symbols the headline may be cropped. The headline will look ugly and the efforts of the copywriter will be ruined.
- The first 5 words or 50 symbols must contain the most important information. If you shift the main meaning to the end of the message, it can be cropped.
- Don’t try to intrigue the user. You’d better tell how you can help him and make his life easy and enjoyable. That’s the purpose of your product, isn’t it?
- Make your speech as simple as possible. Write simple sentences. Passive constructions сreate useless ballast, they make the speech sound too formal. If you can’t get rid of a subordinate clauses — use such conjunctions as “which”, “that”.
- Don’t try to fool anyone. The headline must summarize the essence of the page it belongs to. Your ad will only benefit if the user actually finds something, that drew his attention at the headline.
Sample ad bars
File formats: JPEG (not less than 60% compression), PNG (without alpha-channel).
Image size: 1280×720 px and 1920×1080 px — for ultra-high-definition displays (Retina), aspect ratio 16:9.
Inline widget parts the article and embeds in the text. That’s why the advertising creative ideas should look natural as an illustration without offending the eye. We recommend to take a screenshot of an article from the media where you’d like to place your ads and imagine what your layout will look like within the body of the article.
Some of our media have adaptive versions for mobile platforms. If you launch an advertising campaign for mobile platforms, the above mentioned recommendations also prove useful. All of the sizes there are given with consideration of ultra-high definition (Retina).